Shaylynn Hayes is a 22 year old writer, advocate, graphic/webdesigner, and student. She is the Editor-In-Chief of Misophonia International and Author of Full of Sound and Fury. Misophonia has created both trials and tribulations, but it’s also changed her life in good ways. It is due to Misophonia that she ended up switching schools, but it is also the reason she has been able to focus her voice and try to help others that struggle with the disorder. A year ago Shaylynn formed MisophoniaAwareness.org. However, this has become a secondary project to an even wider, more international initiative.
Alongside Dr. Jennifer Brout, Shaylynn runs the News site and Magazine, Misophonia International. The site focuses on Research, Coping, and Awareness for the disorder. Shaylynn has also been actively involved in the web management and development of Dr. Brout’s research page, Misophonia-Research.com .
What used to be a life-ruining disorder has become an interesting and defining adventure that has proven that the things that are “ruining our life” may very well be creating a new, interesting life in the place of the old.
Articles Featured on The Huffington Post
- Celebrities That Have Misophonia
- Summer Sensory Activities For Misophonia and SPD
- Why Is Misophonia Triggered More By People You Love?
- Why I’m Excited About Research
- Misophonia Is Being Researched, But Advocacy Need Grows
- The Loud, Overwhelming World of Misophonia
- The Science of Sensation and Emotion
- Exploring Misophonia
- Misophonia Soundproofing
- My Doctor Hasn’t Heard of Misophonia