Jennifer Jo Brout is a New York State Certified School Psychologist, a Connecticut Professional Licensed Counselor, and she also holds a Doctorate in School/Clinical-Child Psychology. She graduated from New York University, Columbia University, and Ferkauf School of Psychology (at Albert Einstein School of Medicine) respectively. She is also the mother of adult triplets, and is a Misophonia sufferer herself. Disappointed by her own experiences with the state of the field when seeking help for her own child in 1999, Dr. Brout began efforts to establish better research practice, improved diagnosis, and innovative clinical practice related to Misophonia (under the name “auditory over-resposivity). Dr. Brout has been at the forefront of research in this area for over 18 years, having established the Sensation and Emotion Network (SENetwork) in 2007, along with Sensory Processing and Emotion Regulation Program at Duke University in 2008.
- Parents Quick Guide To Misophonia
- Memory Reconsolidation Study at Duke University Could Help Treat Misophonia
- The Misophonia Origin Story
- Misophonia and Auditory Processing Disorder
- Exploring The Amygdala’s Role in Misophonia
- Sound Sensitivity and Auditory Gating Study
- Misophonia is not just a chewing disorder!
- Is Misophonia Genetic?
- Misophonia FAQ
- Dear Anxious to Angry